Sunday, February 1, 2009

Serious Life



Hmmmm the title can conjure up all kinds of images in your mind can't they? Life is serious.......... life can be serious in so many ways. How many times have you worried needlessly about some issue that you think will just pull you under? I read my Bible and read.... try to convince myself that worry is a sin. It's right there in the pages of the Bible. Do not worry about what you will eat or wear. BUT we humans seem to love to worry don't we? We love to think that we can can control and steer our lives. Who do we think we are kidding anyway!?!?

So I am working hard to realize that no matter what is trying to drag me under, there is always someone else in more need than myself and I should get off my pity pot and help someone else, isn't that part of the plan?...to be a blessing to others. I have become one in an army that have come to love a little girl named Abby. A little girl that I will probably never meet. A little girl who is beautiful with an infectious smile. A little girl with Dad who is blessed with words. A little girl with a spidey brother named Landis, a little girl who was brought here to the United States to be loved by a forever family...... oh yea and a little girl that is bravely fighting a battle with cancer.

This post on my blog is for the Riggs family and their magazine and I hope you will all take a look at it. Real life and the people that live it. Won't you give it a try??????

No comments: