Thursday, April 9, 2009

So......... well trying for peace today.......

Not many words tonight......... it was supposed to be Apha Bitty but instead of coming up with witty "G", I decided to deal with an issue in my life right now. Until now I have decided to "ignore" this one. My life has been full.... too full. So I decided to not notice the lump...... no not a lump...... just a bump. Just a bump, a little bump on my right breast. Nothing to worry about, right? Well that's what I told myself...... Way too many other things for me to take care of, too many calls from my kids that pulled me in different directions......

but then........... my Uncle got the call, THE CALL, the one that said we can't do anymore. If we had caught this sooner........ yikes..... How can I be there for my kids, my miracles, if I am not around.

SO, it is off the the Dr. tomorrow...... the call seemed awful to make. I almost cried when she asked "What do you need to be seen for?" Oh I have this little lump, no bump. I hate the word LUMP, it sounds so scary and final.....

Since the call there has been peace...... I know this is all part of the journey in my life, the one God has in store for me.......... Praising God here in Ohio, praising Him for every drop of rain......

There are so many people right now that need prayers, families that have huge holes from the loss of little ones, or little ones that are not healthy, my issue is small in comparison.......

2 comments:

karina said...

My dear, dear friend. You are very brave to face your bump and do something about it. I will be here to hold your hand through this in spirit and in prayer. We will pray. We will pray that it's just a dumb bump. Right now, that is enough.

Father, you have shown Penny and I in the last year how you walk before us and prepare the way into our future. You take care of every single detail before we ever arrive. You work everything out for our best because we love you and you have called us to Your purpose. You already know about this bump. You have already prepared everything in advance. We ask you in faith that this bump be just a dumb bump, meaningless, benign. That's all we ask today. It is enough for us to trust You for tomorrow. Father we thank you for this bump, for what it is going to mean. We thank you for the opportunity to trust you. We rejoice in the work you are doing, and you have promised peace that passes all understanding through your son Jesus that will guard Penny's heart and mind. Amen.

Kaleena said...

Oh Penny! I am just overcome with so many emotions after reading this post. As you know, I am going through this same thing right now and I know it's terrifying. I will be praying hard for the both of us. Hopefully, we will both be blessed with great outcomes. Facing breast cancer is a scary thought and not really something we are ever prepared to face. I am a firm believer that God doesn't give us anything He thinks is too BIG for us to handle. He knows we are strong enough to face whatever is in His plan for us. This is all just a part of the plan He made for us when He made us! We will both get through this. If you need anyone to talk to (ANYTIME) feel free to send me an email! Praying for you, friend. Praying for US! We will both be okay, no matter what the outcome. We are much stronger than fear! Please let me know what the doctor says, as I want to be able to breathe that sigh of relief with you when the doctor says the "lump" is just a "bump" and nothing to worry about.