Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm SO confused

I started to "blog" in August of 2008 so I haven't been at this for a long time. I wanted to chronicle our crazy lives so that there would be a bit of proof you may call it about what happens here day to day. Well, my blog has turned out to be more and my connections have sent me far and wide. I have "met" some of the sweetest families and God has touched my life with their stories over and over again.

Many times I will comment and let them know my feelings and if necessary the prayers I will be sending their way. Simple enough right?? People lifting people, I occasionally will read other comments, many times to keep up with twittering. I didn't have twitter and now still am not completely comfortable with the process...ie. still have no picture I can't figure out how to do it. You get the idea... So..... most of the time I watch the sidebar on the blogs and keep up with comments.

Today I was once again shoked and disappointed to read through comments and find nasty, mean, and judgmental comments amoung the bunch of a favorite blog of mine. I just don't get it....... if you don't like a blog why spend your time there? Why try to beat someone down? Why be so judgmental when you are reading someone's blog? Kind of like the nosey neighbor who bursts in your house only to complain it isn't decorated or clean enough for them...... I completely get that some of these people ...need Jesus in their heart... yadda yadda yadda, but I guess I don't have a lot of patience for blantant nastiness when a family is in crisis.

I say keep those negative comments to yourself! I have personally not had this problem... I don't get many comments and those I do get are very sweet and appreciated. BUT.... many of my "bloggy" friends are getting beat on and I don't like it! Didn't your Mother ever teach you "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all". Don't kick a guy when he is down.... you get the idea.

***** Stellan update*****
The news today for me anyway was even more disturbing for little Stellan. His SVT's are getting scary and his poor Mom is just pulled to the ends. I understand completely her feeling of just grabbing up that little guy and running away. The whole experience is proving overwhelming. Please won't you join us here and get down on your knees to pray for peace........ just pray for peace and strength for Jennifer (MckMama). She is in a battle and evil just longs for a foothold right now. Help her to cling to the cross and God's love. Please pray for little Stellan that his tiny body can continue to hold tight and stay strong during this time. Help the Drs. and nurses understand that this tiny baby is not a patient, he is a son, a brother, a grandson, a child of God. Give them wisdom as they move forward with his care.

I have added a button to remind us to pray for little Stellan, grab it if you can or want to.

praying on my dirty knees....................

1 comment:

MamaBear said...

I felt the effects of this first hand today. I don't know how people deal with it. I'm still sick to my stomach thinking of the comment I didn't realize has been sitting in a post all day or that someone pretended to be ME in order to mess with people's head. My first thought was to pray for them. I think that's the best we can do - that an offer encouragement to the people receiving the hateful comments.

I also wanted to add that the "seek ye first" button you have on your sidebar made me smile. If found myself going back to the oldie but goodie Sunday school songs as my prayers for Stellan throughout the day. Helps keep the kids involved too.