I am a super supporter of a favorite blog of many, they along with several others have been posting about SMA. I had never heard of it, have you??? I decided today that the more who know the more to make this challenge a possibility. It costs you nothing.... takes moments..... could change a death sentence into a full life of LOVE and time. PLEASE, Take a moment and watch the You Tube video about these special children and their families. I hope it will not leave you untouched.... it shouldn't. I can NOT imagine the horror of this disease.... it just breaks my heart. If you are a member of Facebook or know someone who is, please take a moment to do something incredible!
Chase Community Giving is awarding $1 million to one charity and $100,000 to the five runners-up! The Gwendolyn Strong Foundation is working to find a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy - and they could use the money!
- SMA is the #1 genetic killer of infants under the age of 2
- 50% of those diagnosed will not live to see their 2nd birthday
- kids with SMA lose the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, eat, swallow, and breathe
- 1 in 40 people is a carrier
- the National Institute of Health says that SMA is the #1 CURABLE disease if given research funding
- right now there is NO cure and NO treatment
- right now SMA is a DEATH SENTENCE
Want to change that? Vote for the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation on the Chase Community Giving app on Facebook! You have five votes to tell the world that you want a CURE for SMA!
Tell your friends and blog contacts - let them know they could be part of a MIRACLE -be part of a CURE - and give these kids a FUTURE!
MAKE YOUR 5 VOTES COUNT!!!!!!!!!
Here's the link to vote:
CrockPot Indonesian Chicken Recipe
9 hours ago