Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh my aching back.........

I remember well as a child hearing those words from different family members. All the while thinking to myself "gosh what's their deal?" Well let me tell you..... I think I have said it as many times a I heard it from all of them put together!

Friday night about 11:00 all was well wit me, I was getting ready to sit down and watch a movie with my daughter Courtney, and her cousin Ashley at my parents. I was gearing up to do a big craft show the next day. Within 15 minutes time I went from feeling fine to laying on the floor! I knew pretty much 100% what I was dealing with.... Kidney stones!!!! My Mom and Dad and even my daughter Tiffany have had them so I knew the symptoms. Courtney woke my Mom and we headed off to the ER. They did great at getting us in and seen, within about 15 minutes they were starting an IV with pain meds and sending me for a CT scan. The results were kidney stones, UTI, and a cyst on my ovary. Geeesh! I got back to Mom's and dropped into bed. The next morning I thought I felt better, well that was until I tried to get up and immediately felt sick. I really wanted to attend this craft show. The logistics were going to be a bit tough but I wanted to go. Mom and Dad both looked at me like I may be a bit crazy and asked if I was sure I wanted to go. Dad agreed to help me carry stuff and after getting sick I did think I felt better. So Courtney,Ashley, and Dad followed me there to help load in.

Once I got inside I set everything up and things started. We were selling hats and clips very well. I sat and assisted everyone so I wasn't over doing anything.... Then at about 12:30 I started to hear people echo when they spoke.... hmmmm this is not normal. I ate some snacks that Mom sent and moved along. I kept having little issues all day long like the echoing and at one point the woman who was purchasing a hat's head was HUGE! I slid through the last of the day and Dad came to help me close down. I drove myself..... yes maybe not so smart, to CVS and filled the prescriptions from the night before in the ER. About 3 minutes into waiting I was attacked AGAIN! I was crushed, I had thought it was over, not so. I headed back to Mom's and decided to stay another night to make sure we didn't get half way home and get into trouble. The night was long and the pain just kept coming. Then Sunday morning we made a plan for my Mom to come with us and stay at the house to take care of the kids. Monday seemed to be a blurr and spent a lot of the day in and out of bed. I did make it to the Dr. and they told me what I thought they would.... oh gosh, that is too bad. And if I hear this one again I will scream... Oh kidney stones are just like having a baby! Let me tell you, I was not in labor for three days and I was not expecting a calcium stone when I was pregnant!!! It is NOT the same thing.

Tuesday I did start to feel better and when Dad came to get Mom I went out to the barn and helped out a bit. Well, it is now Thursday and my body still feels like I have been beat on!!! The nausea is much better but the pain in the lower left side of my back is slowing me WAY down. I am not a patient person by any means and I am fairly active with chasing kids, farm chores, and being a Mom. This is really starting to drive me nuts!!

So now I can relate to "Oh my aching back!!!" just praying for healing and soon!

1 comment:

Kaleena said...

Praying that you feel back to 100% very soon:) Take care of you!