Friday, July 11, 2008

He didn't even stay around!

Well, it again has been several days. My hope is to devote a bit of time each day to journaling some of the "action" that we have and some of the peace that God gives me to get through the day.

As we returned home after dropping the boys off for a visit to see my parent and stay with "the cousins" Kendall and I had just began the 2+ hr drive and I was settling in for the long trip. She was content and I had just got the phone number connected to a high school friend I hadn't talked to in many years.(with my blue tooth of course) Then over a small rise there he was! A deer!!! With no option I honked and slammed on the brakes. It just wasn't moving......... I panicked and watched as we hit the backside of the deer and pieces of my van went flying. I found a place to turn and went back to see if the deer was in the road. Not sure what I would have done if it was there but it was gone. My prayers went to hoping that I hadn't mortally wounded the deer. We continued home and almost hit a second deer on our road. Tim was understanding but now the car needed repair.

So today I have spent the better part of the morning running the car in and finding out that it is not drivable right now. Now I am working with the rental car place to get our rental so the kids and I can go to Indiana tomorrow for a family reunion. If I don't show up my MOm may just disown me. At almost 11 months Kendall has not met many from her sode of the family.

Have a blessed day and remember to step out of your comfort zone to be a blessing to someone else.

No comments: