Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The walk I am on..................

The walk I am on right now is one of choice. I can freely come and go whenever I choose. Well, maybe I can, part of me is sure that I couldn't walk away even if I wanted to. That little tiny 2 minute and 43 second clip changed me! I feel a peace, I feel tired, I feel so fortunate to be able to be of service. I feel heartbroke for so many families that can't just walk away.

The SMA disease has trapped thousands into a life of uncertainty. Yes, thousands.... Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a sneaky monster that 1 in 40 people are unknowingly carriers of. Think about those odds... 1 in 40! There is exciting news on the horizon for families and children dealing with SMA. With funding the first human trials could start as early as 18 months from now! Little ones that are living with this cruel disease could have treatment before it is too late! YOU can help this be possible... think about THAT! YOU could be the person that makes the difference. You can click on our Beb-e-ssentials link in the corner or you can go to www.gwendolynstrongFoundation.org and find out more information.

I feel a bit like a broken record and you might be thinking so too BUT I also feel lead and compelled to continue to spread the word. To find the person that hasn't heard about SMA. To find the person who cares enough to help make a difference.

So, I guess this is the walk I have been asked to walk and you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: